Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pitts to the Burgh

I had a red-eye Wednesday night from LAX to Washington D.C., and then a connecting flight to Pittsburgh.

This is the tiny, miserable plane I rode on from D.C. to Pitt
And yes I am on a moving walkway. One of my favorite things about airports.
In the airport. Come on.
 I was picked up from the airport and taken directly to the church, where I was put to work!

Here is the bride working  on her banner.
Friday was more decorating. The rehearsal dinner--outside and it was so cold. My one pair of jeans was a very poor choice. It also rained off and on Thursday and Friday. After the rehearsal dinner we had a little bachelorette party for Becky. It was a lot of fun. I knew quite a few of her friends from different stages of her life which was fun.

Saturday- the big day! I woke up with the worst migraine of my life. Naturally. We had the bridal brunch at Phipps Conservatory, which is beautiful. I spent most of it in the bathroom. Luckily after this we headed over to the church and I was able to lie on the floor for a few hours before the wedding. Another bridesmaid told me I looked homeless while I was lying there fighting back nausea with my blanket and using my purse as a pillow.

The Wedding! It was a great wedding. They got married in an Anglican church, so they had a full church service. I was a chalice bearer so I got to pass out sips of the wine. The after party was a ton of fun. Becky's brother was the emcee, and he was hilarious. There was dancing, an impromptu limbo contest, dance offs, and group dances.


 

 


The Church was beautiful. The aisle I had to walk down was as long as Westminster Abbey. Basically. Call me Pipa.
 

No comments: